Monday, May 11, 2009

C.S. Lewis, *Christian Behavior*

"If you have really handed yourself over to Him it must follow that you are trying to obey Him. But trying in a new way, a less worried way. Not doing these things in order to be saved, but because He has begun to save you already. Not hoping to get Heaven as a reward for your actions, but inevitably wanting to act in a certain way because a first faint gleam of Heaven is already inside you."---- C.S. Lewis, *Christian Behavior* (Macmillan, 1943), p.66

Heavenly Father, I ask for Your forgiveness. I come to You humbly to admit that I have been a control freak - so much so that my actions and my words have made it appear to You that You are not enough to take care of my situation. I know that is not the case Lord because Your Word teaches me that nothing is impossible for you, no situation too big, no situation too small. Take this load off my back - help me release the grasp I have on this situation regarding ______________. I pray that Your Will be done. Send the Holy Spirit to sit by my side as I deal with this situation. Lord, I'm afraid to surrender everything to You. But Lord, I put my complete faith in You for all things and I thank You for promising me that, as Your child, if I simply ask for You to slip Your hand in mine...guide me through this situation, helping me to know that the victory is already won - by YOU! In Your name we pray, Amen!

(Thanks to Internet Cafe Devotions )

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home