Saturday, May 30, 2009

Doubt...

I know I am extremely guilty of doubting what I know for certain God has told me....heavens, I have had so many instances that would shock the pants of you to tell you that it is not true, then so many miracles that have said, yes, it IS true....

I am guilty of doubt....

Here is an excellent write up from Ed ministries on doubts:

John's disciples told him about all these things. Calling two of them, he sent them to the Lord to ask, "Are you the one who was to come, or should we expect someone else?"Luke 7:18-19
You've probably faced it before; maybe you're facing it now. You're pretty sure you believe something; but then a situation or circumstance causes you to question that belief. That's doubt.
Doubt is often seen as the antithesis of faith. We convince ourselves that if there's one shred of doubt in our minds, then our faith is shattered. But doubt is not the opposite of faith. In fact, doubt can sometimes strengthen our faith—if we're willing to look deeper into what we believe.
You aren't the only one who has ever doubted what you believe. Even John the Baptist had doubt. But he investigated that doubt. He sought the truth. And he realized that if doubt is left unchecked, it can be damaging.
If you have doubts about your belief in Jesus Christ, don't let them go unchecked. Instead, look into what you believe and why you believe it. And as you investigate your doubts, you will begin to discover a new level of understanding and trust that ends up strengthening your faith.

Do you doubt? I do...I hate that I do, but I admit it and confess it....we are so blessed to have such a wonderful Father God who is patient and loving to us!
Visit EdYoung.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home