Sunday, February 22, 2009

Palm Leaf Dinnerware Review - These Are AWESOME!!

Hi there everyone! I am doing my very first official review thanks to Justin at Marxfoods.com.

I want to tell you something, at first, I wasn't sure how to react to these plates because they're different than anything we're used to in regards to disposable plates. I admit, I was leary. They look and feel like a cross between wood and Styrofoam - but....looks are VERY deceiving!

These plates are amazing! I want to encourage you to not only look over their site for the environment factor, but because these plates are worth every penny!

I received these a few days ago and wanted to wait until I put them 'to the test' before mentioning anything to you and now that I have tried them and can talk to you about them, I am thoroughly impressed.

They are reusable, which is a huge plus for me as I really hate seeing the trash build up due to disposable everything anymore! I do my dishes in running water (have a small sink which doesn't have a stopper to soak dishes in), so they have been washed three times already and still have not yielded to use! I have microwaved honey bears dinner on them, which at first, they got a little softer, but hardened right up again - stronger then the best quality cardboard disposable ones you buy in the store, MUCH stronger in my opinion!

We've been using two different sizes of the round plates from the above set - they are PERFECT child size portioned or portion controlled diets - in other words, they are the perfect size for the right way of eating (not too big, not too small). As you can see in the picture, you will notice the wood grain appearance, it's REAL and this 'grain' you can feel in them too - I don't know, I find it kind of cool actually.

The information from the site is 100% accurate:

These eco-friendly serving dishes are perfect for your next dinner party! Each piece is unique, attractive, stylish, rustic, and elegant.

Included in this place setting is:
Round bowls for dips, 4 1/2" – 25 pcs Round bowl, 7 1/4", depth 1.5" – 25 pcs Round plate, 7 1/4", depth 1" – 25 pcs Round plate, 8 3/4", depth 1" – 25 pcs Forks (birchwood) – 25 pcs Knives (birchwood) – 25 pcs Spoons (papel wood) – 25 pcs

These environmentally friendly palm dishes are natural, renewable, and a biodegradable raw material. Naturally discarded sheaths of the leaves of the Adaka palm tree are collected, which in the course of its biological life cycle, dries, falls and regenerates. No trees are cut down. The palm sheaths are then cleaned in fresh spring water and molded into shapes.
Their leak proof property and ability to withstand hot and cold temperature without getting soggy or flimsy make it a product that is one of its kind.


I did some researching on the net regarding these plates and everyone has the same thing to say that I do, we really like the environmental quality of them AND the durability. Realistically, when you think about it, if you were to buy enough heavy duty cardboard plates and enough silverware (plastic) as you receive in this set, you are basically paying the same price - the added benefit is the environmental impact your purchase will make. That choice is yours!

I am thoroughly impressed and will come to Marxfoods.com for our next get together to purchase a set - yes, they're worth it...OH! And honey bears' opinion? He was just like me, leary at first because we're not used to seeing disposable dishes like this (we're used to the store variety), but after only one use, he was sold.

There you have it, another Thumbs Up From Me and I truly hope that you will not only browse Marxfoods.com to see what they're all about, but will also really consider making your next purchase of disposable dishes from them.

While you're there, why don't you check out their blog where you can win great food items!
They have this giveaway going on now:
The winner will get one box of the Nuovo pasta of their choice! We’ll randomly select and announce a winner on March 2nd.

And check out the recipes they've put together using their products:
Some recipes that we developed:
• Whole Roasted Fish in a Salt Coffin
• Braised Wild Boar Bellies
• Huckleberry Buttermilk Spice Cake
Dungeness Crab Cake with Truffle Beurre Blanc
• Roasted Kurobuta Pork Tenderloin
• Tomato Salad with Camelina Oil
• Balsamic Strawberries with Vanilla Ice Cream

Recipes Created by our Foodie Community
Check out how delicious our blog readers are! Every recipe below was entered into one of our many recipe contests by a home chef just like you.
Recipes By Product Category
• Salmon Recipes
• Wild Boar Recipes
• Burger Recipes
• Veal Recipes
• Oyster Recipes
• Comfort Food Recipes
• Party Food Recipes
• Morel Mushroom Recipes
Chanterelle Mushroom Recipes
• Other Wild Mushroom Recipes

Don't those sound delicious?!

So what are you waiting for? Click on the link to their main page: Marxfoods.com and take your own personal tour around, I really love the products they carry and I'm sure you'll find them awesome too!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home