Friday, March 27, 2009

Review and Recipe -- Ile de France Goat Cheese


We were lucky to receive the Ile de France Goat Cheese for bloggers to review and enter our recipe in an upcoming surprise at their site.

As you already know, we LOVE Goat cheese here, so this wasn't a new experience to us, just a different brand. I will tell you this...this brand is AMAZING!

The tube came the other day and recipe galore started running through my mind. Instead of being super creative about it, I decided to serve it as is, how we'd normally eat it. Nothing too amazing in my creativity here, but it sure did work!

We were taken aback at the product at first. It's crumbly, yet firm - it's bitter like cream cheese only with more tang - it melts like silk...it's, like I said, AMAZING!

Our first try was next to my scrambled eggs which I mix with veg's and meat...alone, too tangy, stirred into eggs, awesome!

Then, last night, I was cleaning out the fridge. We had leftover rice (a concoction of 2c (raw) mixed rices - 1c. black, 1/2 c. red and 1/2 c. brown, which I cooked in the rice cooker with a tsp of olive oil). Ok, so I cooked up some ground beef with onion, garlic and pepper. Sprinkled half a package of Knorr pork gravy mix over meat after I drained it, gave it a good stir to coat the ground beef. I stirred in 3 c. of that cooked rice, added 1c. water and stirred it around to thicken. Heated up can of mustard greens, opened the can of chilled cranberry sauce and served the goat cheese on the side. On the plate, it was all so pretty: The rice/beef combo was dark, but interesting looking, delicious tasting- the mustard greens, cranberry sauce and pure white from the cheese, a color heaven! With each bite, you stirred a bit of cheese into the meat to melt, and it melts so silky!! And you took a little greens and popped it into your mouth - seriously, this was creamy goodness!!

We have half a pkg of cheese left and I can't wait to keep experimenting with it!

Alone, you won't like it - the tang is just 'there' and if you don't like tang, you won't like this cheese, BUT...mixed into ANY heat, it melts with such delicious flavor, that all I can say is: mm-mm-good!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home