Saturday, April 25, 2009

Book Review - Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence

Special thanks again to Thomas Nelson for this opportunity to review yet another amazing book!

Author Sarah Young took her prayer journal and decided to share it with the world - her experiences of listening to Jesus speak to her. We all have a special connection with our Lord and how He chooses to speak to us, and I am so thankful for this little book, which would be a blessing to add to your personal library, as well as, give as a gift.

The very first day I read this book, I opened to that days date and I have no idea what YEAR she wrote her personal notes in, but that particular day, what I read was exactly what I longed to hear from our Father.

Maybe that's the purpose of this book, Jesus Calling, to not be the answer, but to be a voice above our own. I love how the entries are faith impacted enough to lft you during the day, and I also love how it's dated just by the month and date, no year attached - It feels more personal.

I truly appreciate an author like this who shares from their own experience where true knowledge and wisdom come. We can only give what we, ourselves, have gained. Sarah's personal one on one time with our Lord has been spread world wide due to the benefit her little notes written from what she claims to be, Jesus talking to her in her own prayer time.

It's wonderfully written, hardcover, beautiful and impactful!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home