Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fact or Fiction: Garlic's Healing Power - ChefShop.com‏

I am a firm believer in the power of garlic -- I take 4 - 1,000 capsules of garlic daily, along with 4 cinnamon capsules. I, personally, have a problem with yeast and Honey Bear is diabetic. We have BOTH benefited greatly from just these two - the last time Honey Bear had to go to the doc, his blood pressure was down! That was awesome to hear and the doc asked about his meds - which we havent bought in months, and he told the doc he isnt taking them, just the garlic and cinnamon...he was amazed!

Here is an interesting article you may find a good read too, about garlic:

Do you remember STP? The great car racer Andy Granatelli's oil additive that, when diagnosed, was just another oil that shouldn't work. But in practical use I know it worked. We had a Mercury wagon that made a horrendous noise (it needed a valve job) when it ran for more than a couple of hours at a time. We had the option of replacing the engine or run a can of STP every once in awhile. We chose the STP.
Modern medicine allows for the replacement of almost any part on our body now, though I don't think the results are always better than your OEM parts. And, like STP, it is what we put into our bodies that can make it all run better - even if conventional science says we're wacky
.Garlic is known in legends, as well as in practical life, as a healer and cure-all for many ailments. For improving ones health, including coronary heart disease, high blood pressure and various fungal infections.
I am not sure if these medicinal claims are true, but as a tasty ingredient it is one of my favorites — and essential in so many recipes. Hated by many, but loved by more. Its popularity has spawned thousands of restaurants with the word "garlic" in their name.
Health claims aside, science has tried but has not been able to disprove that garlic repels vampires. It does appear, however, that a clove a day will keep mosquitoes at bay!
I have, in my lifetime, had a few crazed friends who ate so much garlic they always had a special "aura" about them. They believed that the garlic kept colds at bay. I have to say, I never knew them to get sick... I had at least one friend who was sure it warded off evil. I wonder if they ever got bit... Read more about the Healthy Benefits of Garlic

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home