Love and happiness
1. Laughter is the music of life.
2. One cannot love what he cannot respect, whether it be himself or another.
3. A hug is the perfect gift--one size fits all and nobody minds if you exchange it.
4. The only way we're ever going to have any loving memories for our tomorrows is to love a little today.
5. The nice thing about your smile is that everyone thiks it's meant for him.
6. If you can't love a person for what he is, love him for what you can help him become.
7. If we took time to count our blessings, we'd be too busy to complain.
8. If you want to be happy, take things as they come and don't hold on to them as they go.
9. Happiness isn't found in searching for it. It comes quietly while you are helping others.
10. Letting go often develops more strength than holding on.
11. No person can be considered a failure who has been the cause of a child's laughter.
12. A compliment is verbal sunshine.
A friend is a friend is a friend
1. If you're not willing to be a friend to someone who doesn't entirely suit you then you will never have many friends.
2. A real friend will not visit you in prosperity unless he is invited; but when you are in trouble he will come without invitation.
3. The purchase price of a friend is to be one.
4. There is only one thing better than making a new friend and that is keeping an old one
5. A true friend will put a finger on your faults without rubbing them in.
6. Promises may get you friends but it is performance that keeps them.
7. Everyone is a stranger until you make him your friend.
The beginning is the family
1. The easiest thing to overlook in a family is how much we need each other.
2. The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have.
3. You can't make a husband tender by keeping him in hot water.
4. To break a child's trust is to cripple him for life.
5. When speaking of tranquilizers, they had one back in my grandfather's day that practically garanteed you a good nights sleep... It was called "hard work"
. 6. Grandparents are given children to love and grandchildren to love them in return.
Old age is something we all will share
1. When people tell you how young you look, they're also telling you how old you are.
2. Anyone can get old, all you have to do is live long enough.
3. To worry about your age is silly. Every time you're a year older so is everyone else.
4. Look at the bright side. No matter how old you are--you're younger than you will ever be again.
5. Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.
6. The one thing that comes without any effort is old age.
Words for you to muse on
1. I like long walks- especially when they are taken by people who annoy me
2. Some troubles come from wanting to have your own way: Others come from being allowed to have it.
3. If you've got troubles, the best eraser in the world is a good night's sleep
4. Life is not a plate to be emptied but a bowl to be filled.
5. Folks who think they must always speak the truth overlook another good choice---silence.
6. The hardest thing of all to give is--- in.